Technology has brought huge advances in the power and capability of the machines which support us in our work. Alas, the human machine evolves at a somewhat slower pace. The result: workplaces which can at times resemble medieval torture chambers, at least as far as our necks, backs, eyes and hands are concerned!
Enter the concept of Ergonomics – the adaptation of machine to man. Ergonomic products seek to enhance the interface between technology and the human form. Ergonomics attempts to identify the physical points of stress, and then minimize or eliminate that stress through superior design.
There are tangible benefits to improvements in workplace ergonomics. A few of these include:
- Increased productivity, as employees are able to spend longer periods at their workstations
- Improved concentration due to fewer physical distractions
- Reduction in sick time and workers compensation claims
- How to Set Up Dual Monitors
- Five Reasons Why LCD Arms are a Wise Investment
- Economic Incentives of Ergonomics
- LCD Arm or TV bracket mounting information
- How ergonomic Office Products can Improve your Life
- Ergonomic Guidelines for Arranging a Computer Workstation
- Visual Ergonomics in the Office
- Sitting down on the job can be bad for your health
- The Economics of Ergonomics: Why We Can’t Afford Poor Workspaces
The Economics of Ergonomics (Industrial & Office)